Just in case you need some inspiration for Christmas gifts for a baby this year, I read this article on CBSMarketwatch about what makes good gifts. Let me point out a few specific items I saw:
Cold hard metal always makes a nice gift for babies. Especially the discerning type. Little babies need cold hard things to chew on as they get their teeth, so these gifts will end up serving dual purposes,
- From Tiffany for Baby:
- Man in the Moon cup. Sterling silver, $325
- Man in the Moon porringer. Sterling silver, $475
- Man in the Moon rattle. Sterling silver. $100
- Barbell rattle. Sterling silver, 5″ long. $175
- Tooth Fairy box from the ABC BEARS Collection. Sterling silver, 2″ high. $150
- Loop baby fork. Sterling silver. $125
- Loop baby spoon. Sterling silver. $125
If you’re not into hard cold metal as a gift this Christmas, there are always nice comfy plush toys from some retailers. Instead of settling for those plush Elmos and why not turn to a fine cashmere and wool brand that has staying power:
- From Hermes:
- Baby Blanket and Booties in cashmere and wool. $635.
- Baby Blanket and plush toy horse $970. (I remember getting a toy horse for Christmas once)
- Bath wrap, terrycloth, and small plush toy, horse-shaped. $270.
Just wanted to give ideas to anyone that might be having a hard time thinking of things to get new babies.
(all posted in jest… I can’t believe they make this stuff for babies)
December 02 @ 22:50:13