- Driving to College Station to watch the game with Jack. Great weather for football! #
- Sweet. Sold our old house today. We close on 11/16. Woohoo! #
- I can’t believe I made it through O’hare security and to my flight in 15 minutes. #
- Driving to the lakehouse for Graysons 1 year old birthday party. You should see the cake Christine made last night. #
- Jack, Grayson and I are in Bellville, TX on our own for the night (actually we’re with my mom). Having fun in the house where I grew up. #
- Life is so much slower and enjoyable I’m a town of 3,000. There is no free wifi anywhere in Bellville as far as I know. Not even any p … #
- When I retire I will open a coffee shop in a small town and offer free wifi. #
- Sitting on highway 159 in Bellville. Waiting on the Austin County Fair parade. #
You may be wondering if we’re still taking photos of Jack or Grayson, since we haven’t posted any since July.
The short answer is: yes, we’re taking photos and movies. In fact, here’s a list of galleries I’ve posted, but haven’t linked to yet:
- Jack and Grayson – Just some random photos from October 8th.
- Aggies vs. OSU – Christine, Jack and I drove down to watch A&M play Oklahoma State. It was a tough game, and Jack didn’t nap on the way to College Station. In fact, when Christine asked Jack if he would take a nap, he said “No, I can sleep at the Aggie game.” Little did we realize that he would fall asleep not too long after half-time, and remain asleep the entire 3rd and 4th quarters. Christine held him for the 3rd quarter, and I held him through the 4th and carried him all the way to the car.
- The Morning – just some totally random photos of Jack, Grayson and Wesley the morning before we drove down to the Aggie vs. Oklahoma State game.
- Popsicles! – This was a fun day. Jack and Grayson and I went outside with two fruit popsicles, and ate them as the sun set… it was pretty messy by the time we were done eating them.
- Grayson’s Boob Tube – Grayson on his caterpillar chair, watching the TV.
- Ella and Jack – in Bellville at Ella’s house.
- BandAids – Jack loves to wear BandAids, and puts them where ever he has a “bo bo”
- Jack at School – from Jack’s first day of school this year… outside with his backpack.
The long answer is: yes, we’re taking photos and movies, but because of all the stuff going on in our lives, we’re not taking time to look at them like we did three months ago, and finding time to actually post them online has proven difficult. Which is why I’m now posting this at 1:30 in the morning… had to find time to do it, and this is when I found it.
Grayson is a talker… boy is that kid a talker. Right now, he doesn’t say many words, but he sure does talk alot.
His first word was “Jack”, his big brother’s name. On September 29th, Jack and I were at an Aggie game in College Station all day… and Grayson and Christine were in Austin, at the house. Grayson kept crawling all over the house, looking for stuff to do, and Christine finally asked him “Are you looking for Jack?” Grayson replied, “Daaaat”.
Christine said “Jack?” and Grayson said “Dat.”
So, Christine started walking around the house calling for Jack: “Ja-aaack!” and Grayson followed around behind her yelling “Da-aaaaat!”
Over and over again…
And when we got home from the game, which was right before Grayson’s bedtime, Grayson freaked out when we walked in the door… “Da-aaaat!”
It was pretty cool to know that Grayson loves his brother, missed him a lot, and knows how to call his name.
- Driving to the aggie game. #
On September 11th, Christine took Jack and Grayson for a ride in the little red wagon while I was in California for work:
They are so much fun at this age. Jack loves his little brother, and Grayson is learning and copying everything Jack does.
In the video, you’ll see that Grayson is playing with his little duck toy, but instead of doing what he normally does with it, he’s putting it in the sides of the wagon like he just saw Jack do.
They’re growing up to fast.
- It’s good to be back home in Austin for a while. The weather is tunrning nice, and I’m not planning on traveling for at least two weeks. #